Tuesday 2 April 2013

A modest proposal

Hi All,

I've been finding it very difficult to find time and inclination to write captions recently - partly due to time and partly due to a lack of inspiration to formulate a coherent or full caption (I tried writing a very juicy story that fizzled out sadly as well).  I enjoy being involved with the 'community' though and want to continue even if I have trouble finding the time for captioning.

I end up with a archive of "to be captioned" photos that never end up coming to fruition and was pondering today whether it would be useful/helpful/fun for me to post photos that have caption potential in a new blog for other captioneers to use and play with? Would this be something people would be interested or would it be just a yet another blog to check and at worst a pointless vanity exercise on my part?

I'd love to hear your opinion! If people are interested I'll set it up.

Thanks,

NRAE

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote you make these captions available to others to add their own words or phrases subject to your approval of course. That'll give you a well-deserved rest from captioning and it might re-inspire your creative energies in your blog. I especially liked the "Auntie Helena " series I think you did it ; would've liked to have seen more.
Ftygrl

sp2000 said...

The picture blog sounds like a nice idea.

BunnyDreamer said...

I've visited similar sites and really liked what I found. ^^ its a great way to give back to the community,

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! Go for it!

PS: I agree with the other commenter above, I really liked the "Auntie Helena" series as well!

Johnathan said...

I think you should give your WIP to the public and let them turn them into full captions, who knows we all share a liking for what you do, you my even find a few co-writers for your blog

NRAE said...

Thanks for the great feedback - I've gone ahead and created it... i'll post a new entry with the details.